8 Best Websites For Bloggers They Can’t Live Without(2022)
Bloggers are always in search of good websites that can make their lives easier and better.
Every newbie blogger has to go through this. And with so much information all over the internet, it gets a little more difficult what website to choose over the others.
We obviously cannot check out each website individually as to which suits the best for us but these are some of the most favoured websites by bloggers worldwide.
Here in this article, we will discuss what are the websites that actually helped us build our blog.
We would be discussing about the best platforms for hosting your blog and other websites which would help you in creating wonderful content and more.
Some interesting statistics about blogging
- Each month, approximately 409 million people view more than 20 billion pages.
- There are about 70 million posts being published each month by WordPress users.
- 77 million new blog comments are generated by readers each month.
Now let’s see which websites have proved to be a ray of hope for all the bloggers.
*Not a sponsored post*
Best websites for bloggers 2022
1. WordPress– Best blogging website for complete control
WordPress is an absolutely amazing platform if you want to have complete control of your website.
They have two versions WordPress.com- which allows for free blogging and WordPress.org- for serious bloggers.
We have used both of them and we don’t have any complaints.
The online publishing software is free to use (but in the free version your domain name will be formed as a subdomain with a name like- yourblogname.wordpress.com).
So before you buy a domain and become serious about blogging, you can try it out to see what results you are getting. It’s like a test drive for bloggers.
The WordPress.org is the paid version with different pricing plans. That you can check out here.
If you want to build a blog through WordPress.org, you would need web hosting space and a custom domain.
The websites created by WordPress look clean and professional and takes you one step closer to becoming a better blogger.
- Reliable and secure – keeps data safe from malware.
- Mobile-responsive websites and blogs – pick from many mobile-friendly themes.
- Free themes – select a customized theme from hundreds of options
- More than 55,000 plugins – access plugin directory to find ways to enhance your WordPress site.
- SEO tools – install Search Engine Optimization plugins that help you rank better in search engines.
- Simple publishing process – create content, add media, and publish with a single click/tap.
And if this wasn’t enough, they have an amazing mobile application where you can just write your blog and publish it then and there. No hassle of picking up the laptop and writing over it.
2. Bluehost– best website for hosting
I would describe it as the most affordable and pretty amazing hosting platform for new and old bloggers.
It’s WordPress friendly and starts at as low as $2.75 a month. I mean we spend so much more on a coffee.
Bluehost hosts well over 2M websites so they must be doing something right.
- Offers a wide range of web hosting options.
- Easy to upgrade your plan to VPS or dedicated server without having to move your website.
- Offers free anti-spam solutions built right in cPanel.
- Provides you with integrated Cloudflare support.
- Includes several security features such as unique IPs, SSL, & SiteLock protection.
- Allows a 30-day (no questions asked) money-back-guarantee for all hosting plans.
- 99% uptime guarantee.
If you are just starting then there is an even cheaper and pretty good website for hosting i.e. Dreamhost.
Their lowest plan is for $1.99 a month which in my opinion is far better than we can imagine.
- Unlimited Bandwidth & Storage
- Advanced, Easy-to-Use Panel
- Powerful 1-click installer
- Free domain*
- Free email address*
- Free Privacy Protection
- Free SSL security
- Automated backups
If you are a newbie blogger and are looking for affordable websites, you can surely try this one, saying from personal experience.
4. Canva– best website for bloggers for graphic design
Canva is the ultimate social media graphic design app for new and old bloggers both.
The reason I am able to make pretty graphics for our social media is Canva. It has made our lives so much easier and I don’t think I can think of a better alternative.
What all you can create from Canva:
• Logo designer, book cover, blog design for any project
• For any event: birthday card maker, wedding invitation maker, evite creator, flyer maker, video editing app
• Simple and free image editing app + video maker
• Photo collage maker, flier maker, banner maker for any occasion
• Stunning Instagram Story templates, Youtube thumbnail, Youtube intro maker
• Design motivational quotes, humorous memes, text on photo
• Party invitation maker, school poster maker, video banner maker
• For business: logo graphic design, product logo creator, brochure, resume, presentation, promo poster maker
5. Ubersuggest – best website to learn about SEO (digital marketing)
If you are thinking of blogging or are in the business for some time, you probably know the importance of SEO.
Although with Google’s algorithm changing every few days, it’s hard to keep up with the changing SEO practices. That’s where Neil Patel- who runs Ubersuggest- comes to rescue.
I cannot thank him enough for teaching us the best SEO practices without charging a dime.
There are so many features that Ubersuggest offers. Some of these features are:
- Domain Overview: Ability to see the following metrics for your URL:Organic Keywords: the number of keywords the domain organically ranks for.
- Organic Monthly Traffic: How much traffic your website gets relative to organic keyword searches.
- Domain Score: Ranging from 1 to 100, your domain score is calculated using a number of factors. It’s a parameter from a company Moz.
- Backlinks Score: How many websites direct traffic to your website using links.
- Traffic: Your organic monthly traffic.
- Top Traffic Pages: See which of your pages is moving traffic to your website.
- SEO Keywords: See which organic search terms are moving traffic to your website.
- Top SEO Pages: In the more in-depth SEO report, you can see volume, estimated visits, cost-per-click (CPC), buyer intent, and the likelihood that your site could rank for a particular keyword.
- Content Ideas: Discover content is performing better for particular keywords and the estimated clicks and social media shared for it.
- Backlink Data: Discover what sort of content people are linking back to.
- SEO Analyzer: a tool that crawls your entire website and offers suggestions based on SEO best practices.
All in all, if you are using Ubersuggest and has a basic understanding of SEO, you are already two steps ahead from the others.
The best part is it allows for 3 searches daily if you can’t afford to go for the paid plan. So it is kind of a free website for bloggers.
An excellent SEO tool and one of the best websites for bloggers to expand digital visibility.
There is not a chance that you haven’t come across this website if you are a blogger. They provide a deep insight of how your site is performing, what keywords are bringing you what traffic and your competitors’ as well.
The best part I like about SEMrush as compared to Ubersuggest is that they even show your competitors domain. This one feature really helps in showing what we are lacking and how we can make our website more SEO friendly.
Ubersuggest is easier to understand so if you are newly starting, I would suggest you start with that.
But SEMrush is definitely worth trying as it has more features probably because they have been much longer in the game. The bigger brands and companies have been using it for years.
SEMrush offers a 14-day free trial to test out their software. Paid plans range from $99.95 to $399.95 per month or $83.28 to $333.28 per month if you pay for an annual subscription.
7. Unsplash– best website for stock images
‘An image says a thousand words.’
Wouldn’t this be every blogger’s dream if Google would count an image as a thousand words. I mean I would be writing every post with more than 5000 words then!
Anyway it’s not true. But it is absolutely essential to incorporate images in your articles. People are lazy and an average attention span of humans is keeping on decreasing.
So if you want to make your articles a little more attractive with good quality pictures, there is more chance of the visitors staying on your website.
Unsplash is an amazing tool for stock photos and videos. They have over thousand pictures for most of the categories and they all are of superb quality.
So this is one of the websites which bloggers can’t live without. And this comes under the list of free websites for bloggers.
8. Wix– Probably the easiest blogging platform
The easiest way to control and maintain a website is by using Wix. If you are totally unaware of the technicalities that go into website building, go for this website.
- Customizable templates – select a prototype and personalize it according to your blog’s theme.
- Mobile-responsive – mobile editor makes blogs mobile-friendly.
- SEO Optimization – create a personalized SEO plan to rank your blog.
- Freedom to design – drag and drop editor to customize any part of the site.
- Third-party integrations – integrate apps without coding skills.
- Comprehensive site builder – building and maintenance need in one place.
They have various pricing plans which you can check here.
These are some the mostly used and best websites for bloggers, no matter what kind. And telling from personal experience, they have made our lives so much easier that I can’t even think about blogging without these.
What website is helping you the most through your blogging journey?