The Best Homemade Energy Drink You Could Ever Have
There are some days when you need to power boost your body with an energy drink and it’s like cherry on a cake when it’s homemade. Most of us, including myself, depend on caffeine for our daily dose of energy. But is it really healthy? Those highly caffeinated drinks gives an instant energy boost but at the same time our body comes crashing down as soon as that caffeine leaves our body. And we are putting our bodies to this cycle literally every day.
Taking moderate amounts of caffeine sometimes is okay but the amounts we are taking is not acceptable. So here I am sharing with you the best homemade energy drink you could ever have, well according to me. There might be some other energy drinks which would work for you but as I’ve researched this is what has worked best for me.
This may contain some affiliate links and if you buy from those, I may get a tiny commission that’ll really help support my blog. Also I don’t recommend just any products, I personally try and test them and give my honest opinion.
Why do we need energy drinks?
Many times it gets difficult to get ourselves to gym or even work. We feel dehydrated and drained of energy. In order to get a quick boost, we end up having those highly processed artificial drinks.
These drinks are packed with sugars and caffeine which can be really harmful to our health. You should not be having such artificial energy boosters unnecessarily on an everyday basis. Infact, some of these energy boosters don’t even sugars, they have artificial sweeteners which are even more harmful. To be honest, everything artificial is harmful to our bodies if consumed in larger quantities.
When you’re consuming so much much caffeine, your body crashes when it starts to leave your system. Making your own sports drink or homemade energy drink with a small amount of caffeine allows your body to benefit from the extra energy without the crash afterward.
Related: Which fruit boost immunity and can be added to almost every food?
What ingredients this drink has?
Pineapples are tropical fruits which in spite of their sweetness are low in calorie content. They are supremely rich in antioxidants, vitamins and enzymes.
- Contains significant amounts of VItamin C which we all know helps to boost our immune system.
- One cup of raw pineapple chunks contains 2.6 mg of manganese, a mineral that’s important for developing strong bones and connective tissue.
- Contains a dietary fibre which keeps your intestines healthy.
- Highly nutritious and contains manganese, copper, and the vitamins A, E, B1, B2, and B6,C and K.
- Also contains a lot of fibre and water which is responsible for that full feeling. This feeling of fullness may help with the weight loss.
- They are a great source of slow release energy.
- Since they are rich in Vitamin K, C and B, they provide you with the much needed boost.
- Great source of energy and Vitamin C which act as an antioxidant.
- Some suggest that lemon water is alkalizing.
- Excellent source of Potassium which is responsible for that much needed energy. Also it’s good for heart health, brain and nerve function.
- It cleanses your system and flushes out the toxins.
- Anti-inflammatory in nature.
4. Coconut water
- Low in calories and free of fat and cholesterol.
- Contains more potassium than 4 bananas, so highly energizing.
- Deliicous source of rehydration.
- Has a refreshing flavour.
For one serving,
- Cut half of the medium size pineapple into slices.
- Peel one medium size Apple and cut into small cubes.
- Put the already cut fruits in a blender.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to it.
- Add 1 cup coconut water to the above mixture.
- Blend, blend and blend until it’s smooth and chunk free. I use this amazing juicer by Prestige to make all the smoothies and juices and believe me, it makes some smooth drinks.
- If it’s too thick, you can add some water to it.
- Pour it in your favorite mug or jar and there you have it, a naturally healthy energy boosting drink.
Also Read: Coffee or Tea: What do you think is better for you?
How healthy is this drink?
Since the ingredients that we’ve added are really low in calories so you don’t have to worry that it’ll cause any major weight gain. The effects of this energy drink on your body would be majorly positive.
Most of the ingredients contain Vitamin C which is good for boosting immunity naturally. And we are not adding any artificial sweetener or sugar which makes it all the more healthy!
Can you really think of a reason of not having this drink!? I’m salivating even by the thought of it. It refreshes me and makes me feel so much energetic every time I take it.
Some other homemade energy drinks
- Breakfast Energy Smoothie
- Cherry Lemonade Energy Drink
- Plain Apple Cider Vinegar Energy Drink
- Electrolyte Energy Drink
- Cocoa Energy drink
With so many energy boosters in the market readily available, we end up caffeinating our bodies. It’s okay to consume those sometimes but it can be really damaging if taken on a daily basis. So next time you find yourself running for those artificial energy drinks, stop and read my blog post!
P.S. Do check our new tool on our website for intelligent and cool quotes & captions for your social media as well as blogs – CAPTAGRAM
7 thoughts on “The Best Homemade Energy Drink You Could Ever Have”
Mmmmmm, looks yummy :))))
Tastes yum too!
This is certainly better than having a Red Bull!
It certainly is and it tastes really amazing too!
In a pepsi lover
Haha so am I but it’s really unhealthy!
I know lol